Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: My JR FPR is leaking Fuel!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't believe this sh*t. Every once in a while, when I stepped on the gas hard, I would get a faint smell of fuel. And during this last tank of gas, I noticed that my mileage had dropped drastically. And today, when my girlfriend and I were going to go out to lunch she said that it really smelled like gas in the car.

    So I popped the hood and sure enough, fuel was dripping from the bottom of the FPR. I checked all the hose connections and they were fine. So I took it to a buddy of mine that's a mechanic at the local Acura dealership. After looking at it for possible leaks, he says that it's most likely the O-ring between the two halves of the FPR. I was scared to drive around thinking that my car may blow up if it starts leaking worse.

    I can't believe this horsesh*t. This is already my second FPR. Maybe it's time to go with the Cartech but at 6psi and with stock injectors, I wonder if it would be worth it.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    AvanishV, if JR gives you shit about having to replace it then I can help. I went 8psi out of the box and never used my JR fpr. If you want, you can give me whatever you think it's worth (maybe just shipping charges smile) and I'll send it to you.
    This goes for anyone else out there.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess its time to buy a Cartech, I going to do this route myself. Since the install, I can smell gas around the JR FPR but never a hint of leakage.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have one if you want to buy it, but I think JR will replace it. They are pretty cheap regulators. My first one leaked.

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They will replace it, I also got a brandnew one that leaked (the replacement for my first stuck FPR) and I have a brand new FPR that they sent me because I wised up and got the Cartech. One more thing I bet the big show sale people don't know about. You should jsut give Shawn a call, he is always there (has been so far) for the guys around here and he know about the FPR problems. Good luck

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Airmass header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, RC 310's, Cartech FMU, Vortech regulator, H&R sports and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down and soon to go on a Carbon Fiber diet.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heh, heh... I got you all beat. I'm on JR regulator #3! (Cartech 20005 and Walbro HO on the shelf ready to go in... where's that CRV pulley.....)

    Not that I would ever defend a JR FPR, but on my first one, I tightened the hose clamps enough to prevent leaks while not moving, but a small push on the FPR would open a leak on the hose to barb connection. 100% my fault.

    Also, last week when fixing a hole in a tire (yes I'm driving on a patched tire. I'm gonna auto-x on it too. I'll keep you posted), I jacked up just the passenger rear. This had the same effect on the hose to metal connection on the return line. The hose clamp was tight, but not tight enough under stress.

    Moral of the story: "Check your hose clamps".

    If you do call JR, don't mention this board or the internet. It just pisses them off. Regardless of that, they have always promptly sent me a new regulator when I called.

    Toss a fire extinguisher in your car until it gets fixed. I'll hunt you down and smack you upside the head if you let your car burn up!

    Good luck.

    Greg

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So do you guys think I should get the cartech?

    I never really understood the advantages of it over the JR FPR AT 6PSI! Obviously the 8psi guys need it but I don't plan on getting new injectors and I most likely will never leave 6psi.

    So is it worth it?

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  8. #8
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The cartech I don't think has any advantages over the JR unit.

    If you get it, you'll need to tune it on a dyno, so you know where to set it, and the JR unit is already set.

    It might let you tune more power/safety in the car, but unless you plan on going to more boost, with larger injectors, just get the JR one.

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Avanish... call me at the shop. I will tell you how to tune in a Cartech... it will be really easy for you if you have an IN CAR fuel pressure gauge.
    (205) 798-0112

    Jim


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  10. #10
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just looked under the hood again and I can see that there is fuel leaking out of at least 2 of the hex bolts that hold the 2 peices of the FPR together.

    I tried to tighten the bolts to see if they were loose at all but they were pretty tight. It looks like I'm not even going to be able to drive the car until the new FPR arrives.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •